How do you make healthy choices when going out to eat?
These days more people are trying to eat healthy. This includes paying attention to what goes into their food. If you enjoy going out to eat the best Chinese food in Denver, you may be wondering if it is considered healthy. Naturally the answer to that is going to vary depending on the restaurant. It can also depend on your personal definition of healthy.
For some people, healthy may simply mean it meets certain requirements for the calories, fat, sugar and carbohydrates the food contains. Other people may be more concerned about the quality of the food itself. Are the ingredients locally sourced? Are they non-GMO or organic? Does the food contain preservatives or artificial ingredients? These are things that lots of people are concerned about.
If you’re looking for the best Chinese food in Denver that is healthy, just keep in mind these few pointers when ordering.
- Choose steamed vegetables rather than stir-fried.
- Ask if the restaurant offers brown rice.
- If you are gluten free opt for rice noodles.
- Avoid any items that are breaded and fried.
- Ask them to go “light” on the sauce or choose dishes that don’t have heavy sauces.
- Choose a broth based soup like wonton.
- Stick with lean proteins like chicken breast and shrimp.
- If you’re concerned about the quality of the ingredients, always ask your server.