How do you find new places to eat in Denver? And when you do find them, how do you decide if you will actually go there or not? Do you see them as you’re driving around and just decide to give it a shot? Or do you ask your friends and colleagues for recommendations? Or are you like the countless others who rely heavily on internet research to choose new places to eat in Denver?
A 2015 study conducted by the National Restaurant Association determined seven key factors that people use when choosing a restaurant. Do you agree with any of these factors and consider them when looking for new places to eat in Denver?
- Healthier options. People are paying more attention to the nutrition content of their food and they want healthy choices when they dine out.
- Eco-friendly dining. Diners are taking the eco-friendly practices of the establishment into consideration.
- Technology. Features such as smartphone apps and self-service kiosks are becoming an important consideration.
- Quality, innovative food. Nine out of ten customers say the quality of the food is an important factor in their decision. People are also looking for food that they can’t make at home.
- Local foods. Locally sourced products continue to be at the top of the list of deciding factors, a growing trend.
- Ethnic cuisine. People are more likely to dine out for ethnic cuisine, rather than make it at home.
- Mobile options. The popularity of food trucks continues to rise. 47% of people reported that they patronized a food truck last year.